GPS Asset Tracking
Fleet management and administration are critical for your company’s success. Without it, confirming the whereabouts of employees and assets would be nearly impossible. Therefore, it is essential to have a solution in place that allows the tracking and managing of mobile assets. This means having the tools to know where products, vehicles, or assets are 24/7. This is helpful for both inventory management and loss prevention regardless if the business is a Fortune 500 company or a local HVAC operation.
Asset tracking and administration oversight has become far easier for businesses thanks in large part to theGPS tracking system. GPS tracking devices are ideal for asset monitoring because the technology allows a company to know the current location of any asset in real time as well as historicallocation data.If your business is researching GPS asset tracking technology to help improve operations, check out our list of the 20 best asset trackers of 2022!
20 Best GPS Asset Trackers 2022
Below is our list of the top fleet management softwareand hardware solutions for high-value equipment, as well as the characteristics of each company. Moreover, you’ll be able to view the advantages of electronic logging device systems vs wireless GPS trackers, as well as some basic company info so you can learn more about each business and their products.
1. Tracking System Direct
- Discover Where Employees & Assets Are Located 24/7
- Find Out If Your Partner Is Cheating
- Protect The Things That Are Most Valuable To You Or Yur Business
Tracking System Direct offers a variety of security products designed to help you track your assets in real time. The fleet tracking company’s top-selling product, SpaceHawk GPS, is a portable GPS device with a magnet mount that can easily be attached inside or outside of a company vehicle. This makes it easy to track and trace with real-time GPS tracking any vehicle, asset, or rental equipment! There is no easier way to protect company assets and make sure employees are doing what they are supposed to be doing!
THE BEST WAY TO GET THE TRUTH!
Southern California-based Tracking System Direct Inc is one of the most well-known fleet management software developers and marketers in the GPS tracking industry. Their award-winningGPS tracker solutions such as the SpaceHawk and OBD2 port vehicle tracker will help any business with a fleet of vehicles in the following ways:
- Disable the starter (killswitch) if a company vehicle is stolen.
- Create geofences to know when employees arrive/depart a job site.
- Receive immediate alerts when a vehicle enters or departs a place it shouldn’t;
- Boost dispatcher productivity;
- Additional visibility into asset locations fortrackingyour equipment and ensuring driver safety;
- Determine the need for maintenance based on distance monitoring;
- Prove delivery timeframes using GPS data that is both dependable and extremely accurate.
2. LandAirSea Systems
Chicago-based LandAirSea Systems Inc fleet management solutions include award-winning asset tracking devices such as the GPS 54 and Sync GPS. Their asset tracking solutions are as follows:
- Safeguard both your plugged-in and non-powered assets.
- Boost the protection of your distant assets;
- Save time and improve your equipment management.
- Prevent the theft of equipment and retrieve it;
- Keep track of engine cycles and use to ensure more precise invoicing;
- Sound maintenance warnings based on engine usage, allowing for more efficient service.
3. Verizon Connect
Verizon Connect is one of the leading providers of tracking solutions in the United States and has a brand synonymous with quality, even though the support team is less than helpful. Moreover, their asset tracking solution:
- Includes features for preventive service planning and unpowered asset tracking;
- Can be used to keep track of heavy-duty car’s engine time and upkeep;
- Allows you to keep track of your assets when you’re away from the workplace;
- Provides complete visibility of your resources, allowing you to identify project-critical equipment immediately when needed;
- Even when hundreds of assets are involved, this asset tracking technology may be utilized on a single simple, straightforward interface;
- Allows for tag filtering and searching, so you can quickly locate an item on your screen;
- It shows your car’s use record so you can see how much it’s been used.
4. Rand McNally Connected Car Devices
The DriverConnect platform includes asset trackers from Rand McNally. Similarly, the following are some of the capabilities of their asset tracking software:
- GPS tracking for trucks, containers, and other vehicles;
- Accessibility to all of your resources’ on-screen mapping;
- Regions of assets in great detail, as well as present and historical data;
- Geofencing software sends text alerts when a resource departs or enters a certain area for anti-theft;
- Trackers that are simple to install and operate for real-time tracking;
- Asset tracking technology that lasts 90 hours (S100) without the need for a recharge.
Switchboard’s fleet management services include GPS tracking. Its asset GPS monitoring technology offers:
- Pings that can be sent on a regular basis;
- Geofencing technology that determines the precise entrance and departure times for any place you specify;
- Calculations of holding time, which illustrate how long vehicles spend with clients and assist you in optimizing operations;
- Absolute precision;
- Vehicle GPS trackers for tracking your whole fleet in real-time from one location;
- Speeding notifications to alert your team to any potentially risky driving conduct.
6. Webfleet Solutions
Webfleet Solutions (previously TomTom Telematics) GPS tracking service optimizes asset utilization and offer:
- Simple GPS installation;
- Enhancedfleet efficiency;
- Immediate warnings when a vehicle enters or exits a previously specified region or geo-zone;
- Real-time location data to assist your staff in making “wise, educated decisions”;
- Route analysis and refinement, which can save up to 50% on fuel usage;
- Customer ETAs with GPS location that is more accurate and proof-of-delivery data;
- 3-year battery time.
Omnitracs has created a GPS tracking solution that is smart. One of the essential tools is GPS vehicle tracking, which contains the following features:
- Live GPS tracking that offers fleet analytics in real-time location;
- A web-based tool that allows fleet managers to see the position of each vehicle and driver in real-time;
- The ability to reliably monitor everyday operations thanks to technology;
- Obtain immediate confirmation of whether or not scheduled operations are being carried out;
- Data collection and detailed reporting to reduce dangerous driving behaviors such as exceeding the speed limit;
- Monitoring of fuel use, including idle and private use;
- Simple maps to use and integrate into useful reporting applications for asset visibility.
8. Brickhouse Security
Brickhouse Security provides GPS asset tracking devices to fleet organizations that include the following features:
- Allows your staff to organize and control vehicle tracking anything from any location;
- You won’t have to pay for software updates because it comes with free automatic updates;
- Provides adaptable hardware that may be battery-powered, hard-wired, or a combination of both;
- Outside of the office, you may watch live tracking via a smartphone app or a protected website;
- Allows you to use geofence technology to track when vehicles depart from their scheduled itineraries.
9. Geotab Fleet Tracking & Management
Geotab provides a full range of fleet management services. Its GPS fleet tracking technique is as follows:
- It’s from the world’s most advanced connectedcar business;
- Expanded capability for additional local vehicle assistance;
- Tracks car diagnostics to help you reduce fleet fuel use;
- Trackers that easily plug into your car’s OBD II port are available;
- No transmitter or cable splicing is required during car GPS installation;
- Collects detailed, precise information on the vehicle’s location, unpowered assets, fuel, and travel distance, among other things;
- Forensic restoration of events in case of a collision
10. Linxup GPS Tracking
Linxup employs real-time GPS monitoring to provide the following services:
- Trackers that allow you to find any car fast and;
- When the car is moving, the position is updated every minute;
- An easy-to-use Google Maps interface that allows you to see your whole fleet on one page;
- Real-time GPS tracking data, like traffic situations are extremely useful for improving fleet efficiency;
- A bird’s eye view of all asset locations and information;
- The tools that fleet managers require to deliver accurate ETAs to clients;
- When drivers depart and enter designated routes, geofencing features and alerts are available.
11. Azuga Fleet Management Software
Azuga has created a comprehensive AZUGA fleet management system package. It does the following with the use of GPS fleet tracking:
- Prioritize fleet safety with precise driver behavior data;
- Maintain peak performance from your cars and drivers, providing asset utilization data on whether drivers went above the speed limit you established;
- When a vehicle is in motion, assist in reducing distractions (such as cellular network blocking);
- See how long a car sat idle and where it sat idle, which might help you save money on gas;
- Computerized dispatch alerts based on a driver’s location toimprove dispatching;
- Alive map display to showwhere your fleet is at all times;
- Parked vehicle location to help improve the security of your fleet.
12. NexTraq Vehicle Tracking
NexTraq is part of the Michelin Group. Their internet GPS tracking system tracks your assets and involves the following when it comes to tracking inventory:
- Providing tools to monitor construction assets, transformers, trucks, and other vehicles;
- A complete array of asset tracking devices in the asset protection business, including temperature monitoring;
- Using equipment tracking systems that can be attached to “any object” and placed in any area;
- Avoiding resource theft and providing an additional degree of security;
- Options for solar-powered, battery-powered, and hard-wired electricity;
- Real-time GPS tracking devices that do not require wires or other equipment to install;
- Several months’ worth of battery life.
13. AMS (Asset Monitoring Solutions)
AMS is a well-known vendor of asset trackers and similar applications. Moreover, they provide accurate asset tracking in addition to GPS tracking for your operation.
- It can track everything from non-powered assets to industrial equipment;
- Your asset’s state and condition are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week;
- Tracking devices can display up to 500 recent occurrences;
- Can track assets across borders and present data on a single platform;
- Allow the customer to analyze resource data and organize enterprise fleets into logical groups;
- Dataon any device that has an internet connection;
- Provides a customized asset tracking approach to solve your specific needs.
14. Teletrac Navman
Teletrac Navman has created an asset management platform. Similarly, their tracking systems include the following features:
- It is a centrally managed solution that streamlines business processes;
- Provides complete visibility into asset locations, productivity, and use;
- Reduces costs;
- Asset tracking system for both powered and non-powered objects;
- It comes with maintenance tracking, allowing you to keep your resources in better shape;
- Geofencing features are included, so you’ll know when an item departs a specific region;
- With real-time GPS tracking technology, it’s easier to store and deploy equipment exactly where it’s needed.
15. EROAD Fleet Management System
As part of their efficient resource management solution, EROAD includes GPS asset trackers. Their asset trackers:
- Provide real-time insight into the whereabouts of any type of asset;
- Using the 4G network, they’re tough and dependable;
- A simple full charge for a car GPS tracker can last up to 6 months;
- Switch to a single dashboard to handle all of your resources on a simple, user-friendly interface;
- Allows you to keep track of your whole fleet while also making HOS compliance easier;
- Assist you in keeping track of use and scheduling maintenance scheduling;
- Provide activity reports for power source.
Automile provides asset tracking solutions that include:
- Provide real-time monitoring on asset tracking software with exact positions (within 3 feet of accuracy);
- When devices are unplugged, whether purposefully or inadvertently, include warnings and monitoring;
- Improves the protection and reliability of your resources by watching them 24 hours a day, seven days a week;
- Vehicle tracker systems that come in a variety of sizes and designs to fit any asset;
- Use battery packs with the possibility of hard-wiring for independent power;
- Work on AT&T across the United States, eliminating the requirement for a separate SIM card and data plan.
17. ClearPath GPS
ClearPath GPS is a company that specializes in GPS tracking asset systems. Similarly, real-time asset tracking is included in these GPS tracking systems. They also:
- Assists you in making the most use of your assets in the field;
- When theft is discovered, SMS text notifications are sent;
- Tracking that is weatherproof and operates in the worst conditions;
- Provides you with the compliance manager tools you’ll need to make the most of your resources;
- With highly thorough reports, it saves hours of time;
- Stores an asset’s full movement history, along with a digital trail;
- When powered, this GPS fleet tracking system sends alerts every 30 seconds, and when traveling, it sends notifications every 10 minutes.
18.US Fleet Tracking
US Fleet Tracking is an Oklahoma-based company that uses asset management and tracking platform to provide the following services:
- Improved tracking and management;
- Robust statistics and real-time access;
- Increased security, avoiding the loss or theft of your valuables;
- Exact whereabouts of storage assets, as well as information on whether or not they are in use;
- Trackers that are powered by batteries;
- When activated, the vehicle’s GPS location is provided every 10 minutes or once a day (battery-powered).
Coretex’s sophisticated GPS device system allows them to deliver high-quality asset monitoring and management services. That tracking system is as follows:
- With key fleet management data in one location, it helps you get the most from your resources.
- Increases asset productivity while reducing waiting times for your ROI calculator;
- Ensures that your valuable fleet is safe and secure;
- In the field, sends ABS/EBS failure signals from assets moving around;
- It’s possible to add solar panel power equipment for recharging.
20. Zonar Systems
Zonar Systems has a strong emphasis on GPS tracking inventory, which is accomplished via the ZTrack LTE trademark. Moreover, it:
- Can resist the elements in the outdoors;
- It has a very long battery life;
- Instantly track and trace all of your global asset resources, no matter where they are;
- For more than five years, it has provided trustworthy asset and trailer tracking;
- Aids in the management of low-maintenance assets that are kept for lengthy periods of time;
- It enhances the security of your cellular asset resources, such as high-value gear.
Whether you need a dash camera for liability purposes or a vehicle tracking system to document where your drivers are going, the fleet tracking companies mentioned above certainly have the reputation and hardware to help you safeguard high-value equipment and personnel.
What is the best tracking device on the market? ›
- Garmin GPSMAP Communicator. ...
- SafeTrack PrimeTracking GPS Tracker. ...
- Tracki Mini GPS Tracker. ...
- Motosafety OBD GPS Car Tracker.
Personal GPS trackers are versatile and multi-functional. You can use them to track people, pets, and things. From small babies to senior parents, you can use these trackers to ensure their safety.Is there a free GPS tracker? ›
Find My Device by Google is another innovative free GPS tracking app for Android. Provided that a phone is online and you can access its Google account, you can find it.How far can a GPS track a car? ›
No distance limit under good gps signal. Longer answer? It depends on your software, hardware and signal. But the rule of thumb is that a real-time GPS tracking device with perfect line-of-sight cellular coverage can be accurate to 6 feet and will work anywhere cellular coverage exists.What is the most reliable tracker? ›
The Fitbit Charge 5 is among the most accurate for measuring steps and heart rate (although accuracy isn't everything). It reliably detects, nearly always correctly identifies, and automatically begins to record workouts—running, walking, biking, swimming—after about 10 minutes of activity.What is the longest range GPS tracker? ›
- Six-mile range (42 miles with the relay feature on) for off-grid texting and location.
- Built-in GPS for high accuracy.
- 100% private network (128-bit encryption)
- No monthly fees.
- No reliance on service providers.
Theoretically, a GPS-enabled chip could one day make it possible for individuals to be physically located by latitude, longitude, altitude, and velocity. Such implantable GPS devices are not technically feasible at this time.What is the smallest GPS tracker available? ›
Answer: The smallest GPS tracker on the market is the Mirco Hornet. The tiny GPS tracker developed by Origin GPS weighs only 2.5 gm.How can I easily track someone? ›
To track someone by phone, contact your phone carrier to enable a tracking plan on family networks, or use sites like Google Latitude, which uses GPS to show where the phone is. If you need to track someone you aren't in contact with, try using a site like White Pages or Private Eye to find an address or phone number.What is the difference between a GPS and a tracker? ›
Purpose: The purpose of using GPS navigation is to reach a destination point or identifying one's own position in the map. The purpose of tracking is to identify something or someone else's position on a map.
What blocks a GPS tracker? ›
Any electrically conductive metal will reflect and absorb the device's incoming and outgoing signals and interfere with its operation. Wrapping a GPS tracker in aluminum foil is enough to do the job—although copper and even silver work as well. This is an incredibly cheap and easy method of GPS jamming.Do GPS trackers need cell service? ›
Similarly, a navigation system displays location on the tracking device itself, meaning it doesn't need cell service. For live, active tracking however, cell service is usually needed so the tracker can actively send location data to your phone (or tablet, or computer) in real-time.Where is the most common place to put a GPS tracker on a car? ›
OBDII port is considered the best place to install a GPS tracker instrument in the car because its location ensures that you do not have to worry about its battery life. It is because the OBDII port directly receives power supply from the vehicle.
The short answer is yes, the plug-in connection GPS (OBD GPS trackers) and the hardwired GPS trackers can function without a battery as a car is able to generate electricity from both its operating engine and the car battery to power any mobile device without the use of external power sources.Can GPS go through concrete? ›
Consequently, GPS signals are unable to pass through dense materials such as concrete, heavy wood or steel cladding. To get the best effects from GPS tech, you really need visibility of a large area of sky to ensure that the received signal is strong enough pinpoint your location with any degree of accuracy.Is there anything more accurate than GPS? ›
CPS vastly outperforms GPS which degrades harshly in the dense urban environment.How much does a good GPS tracker cost? ›
|Product||Best for||Equipment price*|
|Vyncs GPS Tracker||Best for long-term tracking||$89.99|
|MOTOsafety GPS Tracker||Best for new drivers||$39.99|
|Bouncie Smart Driving Companion||Best for vehicle maintenance||$77.00|
|SpyTec STI GL300 GPS Tracker||Best portable tracker||$29.95|
Real-time GPS trackers for cars can provide instantaneous speed and location data, while less expensive options record this information for later use. With some GPS vehicle trackers, you can set up real-time alerts to go off when a driver speeds or deviates from a specific area.How long can a GPS tracker last? ›
Typically from 6 months to 7 years battery life. The battery can be chargeable or non-rechargeable.How long do GPS tracking devices last? ›
This can range anywhere from a few hours to a few years. For example, some GPS trackers on the market today can have a battery life of 21 days. But a long-life tracking device can stay on for up to 10 years without needing replacement. “But how long do GPS trackers last?” That depends on the device's tracking interval.
How far can you track with tile? ›
Tile's trackers have Bluetooth ranges from 250 to 400 feet depending on the model, but Apple does not specify an exact range for its AirTag.Can a phone scan a microchip? ›
Unfortunately, no. A smart phone can not and will not ever be able to read a pet's microchip. There are no apps for iphone or android that do this and there never will be. There will never be an iphone, android- google, samsung or otherwise that will ever have that capability.How do I know if I have a chip in my body? ›
The best way to check for an implant would be to have an X-ray performed. RFID transponders have metal antennas that would show up in an X-ray. You could also look for a scar on the skin. Because the needle used to inject the transponder under the skin would be quite large, it would leave a small but noticeable scar.How do I scan my body for a microchip? ›
Go no faster than a half-foot per second and scan in an "S" pattern from the neck down the back. If you don't find a chip, keep scanning down the legs, around the neck and shoulders, and then down both sides.What is a nano tracker? ›
The NANO Tracker is a smart waterproof tracker that secures to the vehicle battery reducing the risk of removal. Complimented with Bluetooth connectivity and an internal backup battery.Where is the best place to put a GPS tracker? ›
Under the Seat:Placing a tracker under the driver's or passenger's seat is one of the easiest ways to monitor a vehicle without getting caught. Few people check under their seats, so this location provides peace of mind, as well as accurate GPS readings.How far can a tracker reach? ›
Tracker connection range
Bluetooth trackers have a 200 - 300 ft maximum range because they depend on the strength of the Bluetooth signal between the finder and your mobile device.
You no longer have to approach a mobile network provider to track someone. Instead, you can track a cell phone location by its number with the help of a cell phone tracking application.Can I track a cell phone with just a number? ›
It is not possible to track someone's location just by cell phone number. You also need to use monitoring software for this purpose. The best way to find someone's location is using a cell phone tracking software or app.Can someone track your location from a text? ›
Yes, it is possible for someone to track your location through text messages. This can be done by using the GPS feature on your phone. All modern smartphones have this feature, which can be used to track your location through text messages.
What is the monthly cost for a GPS tracker? ›
How Much Does GPS Vehicle Tracking Cost in 2021? Fleet and truck GPS tracking prices range from $14 to $250 per vehicle, per month. Most GPS fleet tracking systems sit at the lower end of that scale, though, averaging at $25 to $45 per vehicle, per month.Do all GPS trackers require a monthly fee? ›
Unfortunately, most GPS trackers require monthly subscription fees. It can be too costly for some people to pay the fees. It's prudent for them to buy the best GPS trackers with no monthly fee. The best vehicle tracking device with no monthly fee system allows consumers to use GPS services without extra charges.Is it worth getting a tracker? ›
Having a tracking device installed in your car is one of the most reliable and efficient ways of protecting it from crime. Although they can be quite expensive, these devices will lower your insurance premiums and could save you a huge amount of hassle, in the long run, if your vehicle is stolen.Will a magnet mess up a GPS tracker? ›
GPS doesn't depend on magnetism, and will be unaffected.Does aluminum foil block ankle monitor? ›
“Offenders have learned that wrapping the GPS device in aluminum foil can make the GPS tracking points untraceable and disappear.” School science demonstrations show how foil can block radio waves and silence radios.Is it possible to jam a GPS tracker? ›
Can GPS be jammed? Yes, and without much difficulty. GPS jamming is a relatively uncomplicated technique that simply involves producing an RF signal strong enough to drown out the transmissions from GPS satellites.How do GPS trackers work without internet? ›
How Does GPS Work without Internet? With the use of GPS, your phone can track its location without having any cellular service. Maps stored on this device do not need to be connected online because they don't change often and provide you with routes around where you are located at that moment in time.What SIM card is needed for A-GPS tracker? ›
For this, it usually uses the mobile network, which requires a go SIM card. In summary, not every GPS tracker device needs a SIM card, but every GPS tracker that sends data to a smartphone via the cellular network does.Do GPS trackers work in rural areas? ›
"Pure satellite" trackers are ideal for monitoring fixed or mobile business assets worldwide. Since no cellular service is required to report location, these versatile satellite tracking devices work in rural areas, through forests or deserts, or even across open waters.Where would you hide a tracking device on a car? ›
- Inside a Door Panel. Most thieves never think to take off the door panels and look for GPS devices. ...
- On the Undercarriage. ...
- The OBD-II Port. ...
- Inside a Brake Light. ...
- Inside a Seat Cushion.
How can I find a hidden GPS on my car? ›
Inspect the OBD port to see if the tracker is plugged in.
The most common location for a GPS tracker in the interior of a vehicle is the OBD port, since the tracker can power itself using your vehicle. These trackers also tend to be very accurate, since they get access to OBD data.
A hardwired GPS trackers like our Livewire Dash Vehicle Tracker get their power from your car's electrical system, so there are no batteries to charge. They require a quick, relatively simple installation and, they're completely invisible inside your car; the driver will only know it's there if you choose to tell him.Can police attach a GPS tracker to your car? ›
For police to surreptitiously track a motor vehicle using GPS technology requires a warrant; and a passenger traveling with the vehicle-owner has a reasonable expectation of privacy under the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.Can I tell if my car is being tracked? ›
Examine the area underneath the dashboard. With most car models, you can easily disassemble the glove compartment and panel below the steering wheel. If you come across a loose wire, that's an indication that it connects to an antenna that's been taped on or glued.How can I block a tracker? ›
- 1 Use a plug-in GPS blocker.
- 2 Carry a handheld GPS blocker.
- 3 Wrap the GPS device in aluminum foil.
- 4 Remove the GPS tracker's battery.
- 5 Disable location tracking on your cell phone.
- 6 Search the exterior of your vehicle.
- 7 Examine the interior of your vehicle.
GPS interference can come from a variety of sources, including radio emissions in nearby bands, intentional or unintentional jamming, and naturally occurring space weather.Can GPS get hacked? ›
As with any GPS-enabled device, there is the risk and concern of hacking. Hackers can gain access to the GPS device in the car and use “GPS spoofing,” that is, falsifying your coordinates and location for their benefit.› blog › how-do-gps-trackers-w... ›
How Do GPS Trackers Work: Vehicle GPS Devices Explained
Install a GPS Tracker in a Car
How Well Do Vehicle GPS Trackers Work? | Hide-and-Seek with ...
Under the Seat:Placing a tracker under the driver's or passenger's seat is one of the easiest ways to monitor a vehicle without getting caught. Few people check under their seats, so this location provides peace of mind, as well as accurate GPS readings.Where is the best place to hide a tracking device on a car? ›
On the Undercarriage
This is one of the best places to hide a GPS tracker because the thief would need to get under the car to check for the unit. They won't take time for that while trying to reach safety. You need a GPS unit with a very strong unit for this position to work.
Can you put a tracker on someone's car without them knowing? ›
It is an offense for a person to knowingly install, conceal, or otherwise place or use an electronic tracking device in or on a motor vehicle without the consent of the operator and all occupants of the vehicle for the purpose of monitoring or following the operator, occupant, or occupants of the vehicle.Is there a tracking device that does not require a subscription? ›
Bluetooth trackers generally don't require a subscription plan, since they don't have a SIM card. They just send data when there's a Bluetooth device (like your phone) nearby.Where is the hidden tile tracker? ›
To scan for errant Tile trackers, download the latest version of the Tile app from Google's Play Store or Apple's App Store. For people without an account, simply tap on the 'Scan' button at the top-right corner of the welcome screen.How can I find a hidden GPS on my car? ›
Inspect the OBD port to see if the tracker is plugged in.
The most common location for a GPS tracker in the interior of a vehicle is the OBD port, since the tracker can power itself using your vehicle. These trackers also tend to be very accurate, since they get access to OBD data.
Before you go out and crawl under your car, make sure you know what you're looking for. Tracking devices can come in different shapes and sizes depending on the manufacturer, but most of them will look like a small metal box with a magnet on one side. Some may also have an indicator light or antenna.What can block a tracking device? ›
The easiest method of disabling a GPS monitoring device is to place it in a metal container. Any electrically conducting metal will reflect and absorb inbound and outgoing signals. It will stop working as a result of this. Tinfoil may be used to cover a GPS tracker, but copper and even silver can also be used.What does a hidden GPS tracker look like? ›
It will typically look like a small box with a magnetic side. It may or may not have an antenna or a light on it. It will be small, usually three to four inches long, two inches wide and an inch or so thick. Be sure you have a flashlight for peeking into dark spaces in your car.How do you confuse GPS tracking? ›
A Metal Box
Any electrically conductive metal will reflect and absorb the device's incoming and outgoing signals and interfere with its operation. Wrapping a GPS tracker in aluminum foil is enough to do the job—although copper and even silver work as well. This is an incredibly cheap and easy method of GPS jamming.
Electronic bug sweepers detect the presence of GPS and radio signals and can point you toward them, helping you find a GPS tracker in no time. Learn more about how a bug sweeper works.Can all vehicles be tracked? ›
If you purchased your vehicle new from an authorized dealer, then NO, your vehicle most likely does not have any aftermarket tracking devices installed. However, if you purchased your vehicle used/pre-owned, it is very important to inspect your vehicle inside and outside for trackers.
Can I use a tile to track my car? ›
Tile makes car tracking affordable and easy. All you have to do is pick any Tile tracker (we recommend the Tile Pro for maximum power) and pop it in your glove box or under a car seat. Then, simply download the Tile app, which is available for both iOS and Android.Does GPS tracker need cell service? ›
You can always use GPS on your mobile device regardless of an internet or cellular connection. As long as you have a charged smartphone with you, you can find your way around remote areas and foreign landscapes. GPS tracking on your phone works just as well without internet connectivity or cellular service.What is the smallest tracking device on the market? ›
Answer: The smallest GPS tracker on the market is the Mirco Hornet. The tiny GPS tracker developed by Origin GPS weighs only 2.5 gm.What is the monthly cost for a GPS tracker? ›
How Much Does GPS Vehicle Tracking Cost in 2021? Fleet and truck GPS tracking prices range from $14 to $250 per vehicle, per month. Most GPS fleet tracking systems sit at the lower end of that scale, though, averaging at $25 to $45 per vehicle, per month.